Stenting the Ductus

Yesterday, the Cardiologists noticed a blood clot at the end of Solomon's PIC line that showed up in an echocardiogram. They were concerned for a bit that it might be clotting in the vein by his jugular. Further ultrasound did not show any clotting in that vein. However, they put an IV in his foot to give him the prostaglandin while they flushed out the PIC line with an anticoagulant called heparin.
They have also noticed some narrowing of the ductus, so they have decided to go ahead with the stent implantation in the ductus. This will allow him to come off the prostaglandin and keep the ductus open to ensure adequate blood flow to his body. The stent implantation is a relatively simple procedure that can be done in the catheter Lab. We are hoping Solomon will feel better once he is off the prostaglandin and it's accompanying side effects. He will still be on the nitrogen while we wait for the blood vessels to constrict enough to balance his blood flow between his body and lungs. When that happens we can begin looking at having him come home to await a heart transplant. We appreciate all of your prayers tomorrow for the stent procedure to go smoothly.
2 Comments:
Hi Becky and Gavin, Solomon has been in our prayers and I want to let you know I put his name in Jordan River temple yesterday. So he's got spiritual support from a lot of people. Now we'll see what is God's will. I admire your faith. I told your mother I can't think of anyone more suited to handle this challenge than you and Gavin. We think the world of you and are praying for you too.
Love, Joan H.
I want you to know I felt prompted to put Solomon's name on the prayer roll when I was at the Jordan River temple yesterday. Now I can see there was a special need for additional prayers today. So Solomon has a lot of spiritual support. He is also very fortunate to have you two as parents. Thanks so much for your example of faith. I told your mother that I couldn't think of any two parents more qualified to rise up to this challenge. Our prayers are with you as well.
Love, Joan H.
Post a Comment
<< Home