In Honor of You
For Solomon's 1st Birthday, we would like to celebrate the change he caused in our lives and our hearts. For the next 18 days, we plan to do some service each day. If any of you would like to join us, you can send a comment to this post with a generic description of the service you rendered for the day (anonymous if you wish). Changing ourselves and the world around us by being more kind and compassionate is the best gift we could think of to give our precious Solomon.
39 Comments:
Babysat a friend's kids today.
Brought some flowers home to my wife and an eclair.
Rounded up a few stray carts at the grocery store yesterday.
I donated blood today in honor of Solomon. The woman who took my blood did not do it correctly and I only could give about half a pint and the donation had to be aborted. Although his life was short, it did not diminish his value, the same for my attempted blood donation. Although my blood could not be used today, I feel strengthened because of my expererience.
Did everyone's dishes and cleaned the kitchen.
Spent 4 hours serving in my church calling last night.
Baked 3 dozen cookies to give away.
Helped a new employee at work set up their computer.
The new employee had two big brown boxes in their office. With an overwhelmed and bewildered look the question was asked: "Does someone come and set this up?" I decided I could be that someone.
I left a note on a persons car at my work telling them they had a tire that was low with air. Hopefully with that knowledge they might have resolved the problem quicker than out on the road.
Called a friend and wished him a Happy Birthday.
Sent a card to a friend to let her know how grateful I am for the friendship and that I'm there for her as well.
Ran a few errands for my wife. She wasn't feeling too well... =(
Had fun babysitting 6 wild nieces and nephews.
Shared lunch with my brother.
Gave an unexpected birthday gift.
Took a friend's kid to class for her.
Krystal and Sara went to the cannery to help the ward build up their food storage.
Dad and I went to lunch at "One World" a restaurant that is made to help feed those who don't have anything to eat. Afterwards, I gave a Bosnian homeless lady a ride to her destination and left her with the cash I had in my wallet...(Dad had paid for lunch, so I still had some cash)
Washed every window I could reach at the Stake Center this morning and yesterday I babysat 3 energetic 2 year olds so their parents could have a Friday night date. :)
Went to the temple to do baptisms for the dead.
Baked cookies and delivered them to friends and family.
Provided a last minute musical number for church.
Prayed for a friend.
Made my roommate's bed and put a mint on her pillow so she felt special when she got home from work at midnight.
I waved two cars out in front of me during busy shopping traffic.
Served as a witness for a temple sealing.
Attended the temple with a family going for the 1st time. Took pictures of them afterwards.
Wrote a letter to a missionary.
Helped a coworker after hours with a project he's working on.
Went with family to an endowment session at the temple.
Did a bit of coaching and mentoring to a young employee at work.
I stayed up late and counseled with a church leader about difficult problems.
I drove to another county in our state and civilly married a couple I do not know and that do not live in our ward/stake.
Shannon is gathering donations from our family to do a Sub For Santa for a needy family in her ward. Under her direction, the YW of her ward will plan, purchase, make and deliver the needed items to the family.
I babysat for a friend.
Braved a blizzard to deliver something to someone in need.
We took our crazy neice and nephew to the Festival of Trees tonight. It was fun to participate in an event that donates all its earnings to Primary Children's Medical Center. We thought a lot about Solomon today and his wonderful parents and sister. We love you!
Brought my wife some roses, chocolate, a card, and really long hug...
My husband and I had the opportunity to go to the temple during this special time, and we hope to make it an annual tradition - to think of, and serve those who did not have the opportunity to receive the gospel. I am uplifted by the many acts of service that were rendered in memory of Solomon. When first asked to participate in honoring Solomon, I felt I needed to do something larger, more important than that of my usual day to day activities, but the many examples of those who are close to your family remind me that it is the small things we do with great love each day that make a big difference. Thank you for including us in this special remembrance of Solomon. - Rochelle
My husband and I had the opportunity to go to the temple during this special time, and we hope to make it an annual tradition - to think of, and serve those who did not have the opportunity to receive the gospel. I am uplifted by the many acts of service that were rendered in memory of Solomon. When first asked to participate in honoring Solomon, I felt I needed to do something larger, more important than that of my usual day to day activities, but the many examples of those who are close to your family remind me that it is the small things we do with great love each day that make a big difference. Thank you for including us in this special remembrance of Solomon. - Rochelle
Post a Comment
<< Home