11 November, 2007

18 Special Days

It's Solomon's birthday tomorrow. Can't believe it's been two years since our little angel boy was born. We'd like to celebrate the impact he's had on our family by marking his 18 days of life with special acts of kindness and service. We were so touched by the acts of kindness, large and small, shown to us through this whole experience. Now is our opportunity to do that for others. Please feel free to join us. You can post an anonymous comment to let us know what you're doing.

68 Comments:

At 12 November, 2007 16:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took some treats over to a neighbor I don't know too well to check on her and her elderly husband who's been ill. I stayed for awhile and had a good visit.

 
At 12 November, 2007 19:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We gave a donation to the food bank while visiting the grocery store today.

 
At 12 November, 2007 20:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We took cookies to a neighbor family and a puzzle to some friends.

 
At 12 November, 2007 21:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote a letter to a family I taught on my mission to catch up with them.

 
At 12 November, 2007 23:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to concentrate on enjoying and being grateful for my little ones today

 
At 13 November, 2007 05:56, Blogger Kristin said...

Thursday we are going over to entertain some patients at an adult day care center. I am also going to try and go in and donate blood.

 
At 13 November, 2007 08:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave some flowers to a very lonely, older lady to try to cheer her up; I hope spending a little time to talk with her helped her have a better day.

 
At 13 November, 2007 08:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to run some errands and do shopping today for someone in need.

 
At 13 November, 2007 11:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sending family money so they can have a Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 13 November, 2007 15:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I baked some banana bread for some families. My son loved helping me prepare it...

 
At 13 November, 2007 17:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I watched my friend's daughter this afternoon so that she could have some time to herself.

 
At 13 November, 2007 20:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I drove the missionaries around all evening so they could get where they needed to.

 
At 13 November, 2007 22:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took dinner to a friend who was sick today.

 
At 14 November, 2007 08:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I checked in with a friend who's husband recently had surgery.

 
At 14 November, 2007 13:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took care of my friend's kids so she could rest.

 
At 14 November, 2007 15:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took flowers to a friend who just her baby home from the hospital.

 
At 14 November, 2007 15:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am watching a friend's child so that she can have a little time to herself, and get some things done.

 
At 14 November, 2007 16:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent quite a bit of time with a lady I know, and took the opportunity to tell her that Jesus wants us to choose to be as much like him as we can...by being patient, and kind, and helpful to others. She has never wanted to "be like him" because she thought that meant suffering like he did. It felt good to tell her that he did the suffering so we wouldn't have to!

 
At 14 November, 2007 18:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave a friend a ride home from school.

 
At 14 November, 2007 19:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sent some flowers to a friend.

 
At 15 November, 2007 07:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent a love email to my husband, just to let him know how much I appreciate all he does for our family.

 
At 15 November, 2007 08:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I apologized to a friend whom I had been mad at.

 
At 15 November, 2007 16:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent extra time playing with my daughter today.

 
At 15 November, 2007 18:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did some extra chores for my spouse.

 
At 15 November, 2007 21:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I started making a blanket for a friend who's expecting a baby.

 
At 15 November, 2007 21:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took some cinnamon rolls to a friend who recently lost her 7-year-old son. We visited for 1 1/2hours and shared many tender thoughts. I was able to share a little bit of my testimony regarding our purpose here on earth as well as the next life. It was a wonderful experience.

 
At 16 November, 2007 09:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent some time at a friend's house talking about the gospel. He's LDS, but really needed a pick-me-up.

 
At 16 November, 2007 19:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my son out for a couple of hours so that my spouse who was feeling ill could sleep.

 
At 16 November, 2007 19:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited with a neighbor this morning who is new to the area and has been feeling a little bit homesick.

 
At 17 November, 2007 07:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helped a sick friend by taking her daughter to and from preschool

 
At 17 November, 2007 07:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helped a neighbor with some chores

 
At 17 November, 2007 09:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I decided that I would do 18 special things after learning what you guys were doing. So I have delivered treats to neighbors and friends. I took a favorite treat to a friend having a hard day, I watched a friends kids, I took a neighbors daycare kid to school, and Ive made sure to be there for my sister who has had a hard time lately. Thanks for sharing your idea it was great being a part of it!

 
At 17 November, 2007 15:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did a few extra things to save my husband some time and effort today.

 
At 17 November, 2007 15:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I helped a neighbor fix his mailbox today...

 
At 17 November, 2007 20:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lent a hand to help out with a church activity when they needed it.

 
At 18 November, 2007 12:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a pancake breakfast for my family this morning.

 
At 18 November, 2007 12:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made a pancake breakfast for my family this morning.

 
At 18 November, 2007 14:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I taught our Primary what precious gifts love and friendship are...and how much other people need us to be kind to them.

 
At 18 November, 2007 21:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made dinner tonight for a bunch of friends.

 
At 18 November, 2007 21:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there for a friend who just needed to feel loved.

 
At 18 November, 2007 23:26, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote a letter to a teacher from years ago. Letting her know the her positive impact on my life.

 
At 19 November, 2007 11:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I substituted for Primary.

 
At 19 November, 2007 15:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made my husband a lunch this morning... He forgot it, but that's ok. :-)

 
At 19 November, 2007 21:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

watched my friends' little boy for a few hours while she worked

 
At 19 November, 2007 21:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had the full-time missionaries over for dinner last night.

 
At 19 November, 2007 21:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went over to a friend's house and helped with her laundry when she wasn't feeling well.

 
At 19 November, 2007 21:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fed my neighbor's cat.

 
At 20 November, 2007 20:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I volunteered two hours of my time today to help a charity.

 
At 21 November, 2007 09:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I delivered some food to the sister missionaries.

 
At 23 November, 2007 14:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Invited a family that was new in the ward to spend Thanksgiving with us.

 
At 24 November, 2007 18:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sent new clothes to Africa for babies in need.

 
At 25 November, 2007 12:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I attended a meeting at church that was not assigned to me, so that another could spend time with her family.

 
At 25 November, 2007 16:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I filled in for a friend who couldn't teach her Primary class today.

 
At 26 November, 2007 13:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We gave a piece of furniture to some friends who needed it more than we did.

 
At 27 November, 2007 08:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up some newspapers for our neighbors who were out of town.

 
At 27 November, 2007 17:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I helped a woman move this afternoon.

 
At 27 November, 2007 17:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave a couple of friends a ride to the airport.

 
At 28 November, 2007 11:48, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made treats for my husband today.

 
At 28 November, 2007 19:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I listened to a friend who's been going through a hard time lately.

 
At 29 November, 2007 15:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last night I took my daughter and we went to the temple to do sealings. I wanted to do this temple work in honor of Solomon. The first names of the first couple that came up when we were kneeling at the altar was "Solomon and Mary Ann". I was pretty excited and thankful to a God who knows us and loves us.

 
At 29 November, 2007 15:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spent an hour and offered comfort to a woman who was suffering spiritually.

 
At 29 November, 2007 15:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a long walk on Thanksgiving with my father. This is what he loves most to do. We had an exceptional time bonding and enjoying God's creations.

 
At 30 November, 2007 07:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I surprised my husband when I brought a treat home for him from the mall.

 
At 30 November, 2007 10:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prayed for someone who is struggling and took the opportunity to teach my daughter that praying is always a good way to help someone when there is nothing else you can do.

 
At 30 November, 2007 20:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went Christmas shopping tonight and bought some presents for a couple of children who are less fortunate than we are. We have loved doing service in honor of Solomon these past 18 days. Thank you! Our thoughts and prayers are with your family.

 
At 30 November, 2007 21:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a visit with a sales clerk this evening who seemed to want someone to talk to. It wasn't too busy in the store, so I spent a few minutes listening to her. Sometimes it's just nice to not be in a hurry, and share the moment with someone you don't even know. When I walked away, I thought about Solomon, and hope he knows I am trying to be a better person because of him.

 
At 30 November, 2007 22:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visited with a friend who is temporarily a single mom. Hopefully it helps to know that she can ask for help if she needs it.

 
At 05 December, 2007 13:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We provided some money that will be used to purchase a wardrobe for a disabled lady in our neighborhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home