12 November, 2008

Our Treasure

"We can only by said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures." Thornton Wilder

I saw this quote today and thought it was a perfect remembrance on Solomon's 3rd birthday. Solomon's presence in our family has indeed made us more alive in many ways. We're grateful for this opportunity to remember the many ways he touches us and our family and friends.

You're welcome to join us in celebrating the 18 special days of his life with daily acts of kindness. Feel free to comment on your experiences, we love to read them. We hope you will also be more "conscious of your treasures" through this experience.

36 Comments:

At 12 November, 2008 13:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I helped a friend retrieve some information that she thought she had lost on her blog.

It only took me a moment but it was information and pictures that were irreplaceable to her.

It made my day to have been able to help her.

 
At 13 November, 2008 09:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched a friend's children for her so she could serve in her RS Calling.

 
At 13 November, 2008 16:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went to the temple and did baptisms.

 
At 13 November, 2008 17:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frederick Buechner:

The life I touch for good or ill will touch another life, and that in turn another, until who knows where the trembling stops or in what far place my touch will be felt.


- Comforted a friend that thought they had nothing left but a broken heart.

 
At 14 November, 2008 05:35, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I planned a date with my husband. For a number of reasons we haven't been out alone in a long long time. Happy parents make a happy family, so we're going out.

 
At 14 November, 2008 06:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took dinner and helped coordinate the care for a sister and her family while she took her child to the Dr.

 
At 14 November, 2008 06:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made dinner for a friend who recently had a baby.

 
At 14 November, 2008 08:34, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got 24 people to each make 24 cookies and then made plates with all different cookies and took them to the elderly in our ward.

 
At 14 November, 2008 10:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cleaned up and did the dishes after dinner.

 
At 14 November, 2008 13:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helped a friend clean her house before moving.

 
At 14 November, 2008 14:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched a friend's baby so that she could exercise.

 
At 15 November, 2008 09:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched a friend's child so she could do some church work.

 
At 15 November, 2008 09:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I helped my spouse prepare for a special meeting.

 
At 17 November, 2008 08:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Served in my calling all weekend

 
At 17 November, 2008 12:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Went to the temple on Saturday.

 
At 17 November, 2008 12:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Accepted a new calling in my ward.

 
At 17 November, 2008 13:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made a special dinner for my family.

 
At 18 November, 2008 09:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I picked up a friend's kids from school for her.

 
At 18 November, 2008 11:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sharpened my daughters crayons. There is nothing worse than a dull crayon!

 
At 18 November, 2008 11:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I gave a friend a ride to an activity we were both participating in.

 
At 19 November, 2008 10:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gaves some gifts to a friend in need

 
At 19 November, 2008 22:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took the time to watch the sunset with my child yesterday. It was good to appreciate our beautiful world.

 
At 19 November, 2008 22:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I donated some clothes and coats to people in need.

 
At 20 November, 2008 12:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a birthday get together for a friend who recently moved into our neighborhood. It was fun to celebrate with her and make her feel special.

 
At 22 November, 2008 20:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cleaned out my hubby's car as a suprise.

 
At 22 November, 2008 20:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote and colored a special note for a friend who broke her arm. It made us both feel happy.

 
At 23 November, 2008 14:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went visiting teaching.

 
At 23 November, 2008 14:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took lunch to my husband who didn't have time to come home to eat.

 
At 23 November, 2008 19:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babysat for a friend, and made a cake for a church activity.

 
At 23 November, 2008 22:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spent 15 hours serving members of my ward today.

 
At 24 November, 2008 06:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spent time serving in my church calling.

 
At 25 November, 2008 10:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter and I picked up a couple dozen onions that spontaneously erupted from their display at the grocery store. Honestly, we had nothing to do with the eruption. :)

 
At 25 November, 2008 10:07, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took my husband's car to the car wash for him.

 
At 26 November, 2008 07:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't know if I would get to do anything, since we had a family vacation planned. But I'm glad I had service on my mind, because one day we had lunch next to a woman and her handicapped son. We were able to render some service and we all enjoyed our meal.

Thanks for celebrating Solomon in such a special way!

 
At 30 November, 2008 06:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took some friends to the airport.

 
At 30 November, 2008 06:40, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooked dinner for my wife and kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home