A Season of Service
On what would have been Solomon's 6th birthday, we look back with some sadness but mostly gladness for the lessons we have learned, experience gained, and friendships developed. We sincerely appreciate all the thoughts, prayers, letters, notes, and gifts that have been sent our way from family and friends!
We have had a few opportunities in the past few months to go back to the hospital where Solomon was born, due to the exciting fact that we are now expecting a new little baby girl! She will be headed our way in early April. It has given me some mixed emotions to be excited for the new arrival and to ponder our time there 6 years ago... Six years passes very quickly.
It has become our tradition to do an anonymous act of service each day from the 12th to the 30th of November in remembrance of the 18 days that our little boy was with us. Please join us in this tradition and if you would like, let us know what kind of service you gave in the comments below. We would love to see what is being done to help others as we continue Solomon's legacy.
39 Comments:
Have already got things planned. I look forward to this every year. So happy about your new baby girl coming & as always your family remains in our thoughts & prayers.
The Blaines
Took a "Sympathy" card and flowering plant to a dear friend who lost her brother on November 8th.
This comment has been removed by the author.
I left a rose for an elderly neighbor who is sick. I hope it will bring her a smile!
Worked all day on my honey do list without complaining at all!
Got up very early in the morning to clean up after a sick child... It is anonymous because she will never remember it.
I made toast for my parents,and helped my friend clean up her room.
I picked up a favorite treat for a friend.
I made my husband his favorite new treat for an after-church snack.
These blogs have touched me so much. Thank you for the inspiration Solomon! I must think of something to do now. And congratulations on the new baby sister!
I helped my daughter with a school project.
Apologized to a co-worker.
Lent my neighbor an egg so she didn't have to cart all three kids to the grocery store in order to finish a recipe she was making.
While sick, I helped take care of sick kids so my sick wife could rest and recover.
Wrote letters to friends I haven't heard from in a while and are having rough times.
Offered our playset to a family in need instead of selling it.
Befriended a new move-in.
Served in my church calling.
Worked with co-workers to provide ingredients for Thanksgiving Dinner for a dear friend.
Mended a friendship.
I babysat for a friend today.
Made cupcakes to help with a fundraiser.
Babysat for two different families yesterday.
Contributed to a meal that served others
Helped my son drop all my loose change into the salvation army bucket.
Supported friends in a few different efforts today.
Picked up my friends toolbox when it fell off her desk when she wasn't there.
Read the same story to my sweet child several times in a row. Precious time!
Gave my sick husband a foot massage.
Received lots of heartwarming service and support yesterday. So kind!
A service was done for me. I was given a free turkey! Thankful in this time of financial hardship.
Knitting a project for a sister
Changed a stinky when it was totally my husbands turn. :D
Washed the thanksgiving dishes today.
Let my huney sleep in
Helped clean up around the house.
Did my hubby's typical jobs today for him.
Thank you for this sweet opportunity and reminder to serve those around us. Today I wrote an anonymous note and mailed it to an amazing couple in my ward, thanking them for the magnificent talks they gave in church recently, which touched my heart. This couple deals with a heartbreaking struggle, and in the note I told them I pray for them continually.
Made cookies for loved ones today.
Post a Comment
<< Home